A. Petition for Alien Fiance(e)


Interracial Marriage is pretty common now a days. People find their wives or husbands, girlfriends or boyfriends through a common friend, online dating sites and etc. They fall in love, visit them in their country and decides to bring him/ her to his/her country.

In my case, I met my boyfriend way back 2010 through a common friend. To make the story short, he visited me in the Philippines three times: February 2014, May 2014 and February 2015. Before he came for the 3rd time, he petitioned me for a K-1 visa around last week of January 2015.

To qualify for a Fiancé(e) or K-1 Visa, you need to have a U.S. Citizen boyfriend/girlfriend and you already met and seen within the 2-year period immediately preceding the filing of this petition.

How did he do it:

1. Form I-129F Petition for Alien Fiancé(e). Download and fill out.
Download the instructions of the Form I-129F. The guide on how to fill it out is in that “Instructions Form”
2. Filing fee is $535 in a check to U.S. Department of Homeland Security or
Form G-1450 Use this form if you want to pay through credit card
3. Form I-134 Affidavit of Support. Download instructions for form.
4. Copy of his birth certificate
5. Copy of his passport including the copies of the pages with stamps
6. Income Tax Return
7. Divorce paper (if available)
8. Photograph. You must submit one color passport-style photograph of yourself and one-color passport-style photograph of the beneficiary taken within 30 days of filing this petition. The photos must have a white to off-white background, be printed on thin paper with a glossy finish, and be unmounted and unretouched.

The color passport-style photos must be 2 by 2 inches. The photos must be in color with full face, frontal view on a white to off-white background. Head height should measure 1 to 1 3/8 inches from top of hair to bottom of chin, and eye height is between 1 1/8 to 1 3/8 inches from bottom of photo. Your head must be bare unless you are wearing headwear as required by a religious denomination of which you are a member. Using a pencil or felt pen, lightly print your name and A-Number (if any) on the back of the photo.

9. Evidence that we qualify for a K-1 Visa such as Letter of Intent to Marry within 90 days. He also included few pictures of us together showing that we met in person.
10. Form G-1145 Notification of Acceptance of Application or Petition

File Form I-129F at the USCIS Dallas Lockbox facility:

For U.S. Postal Service (USPS):
P.O. Box 660151
Dallas, TX 75266

For FedEx, UPS, and DHL deliveries:
Attn: I-129F
2501 South State Highway 121 Business
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067



What happened after my boyfriend sent the Form I-129F:
  1. In less than 8 weeks he got an email from the National Visa Center that the application was approved.
  2. In less than 8 weeks, I received (in the Philippines) the approval notice from the U.S. Embassy in Manila and instructions on what to do next.

This is the approval notice I received from the National Visa Center/ U.S. Embassy in Manila. It includes the copy of the Approved Form I-129F and the Instruction Letter on what to do next.

--> Fill out DS-160
--> Book an appointment for the interview
--> Medical Exam
--> Visa Interview
--> CFO Pre- Departure Seminar
--> Fly

no responses for A. Petition for Alien Fiance(e)

    Leave a Reply